Food For Thought For All Christians and Nigerian Christians In Particular - GOODY'S TURF

KEEPING YOU WITH THE FLOW

test banner http://c.jumia.io/?a=55304&c=11&p=r&E=kkYNyk2M4sk%3d&ckmrdr=&utm_source=cake&utm_medium=affiliation&utm_campaign=55304&utm_termhttp://c.jumia.io/?a=55304&c=11&p=r&E=kkYNyk2M4sk%3d&ckmrdr=&utm_source=cake&utm_medium=affiliation&utm_campaign=55304&utm_term=

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Who Will Win The Presidential Election In 2019?

Tuesday 31 July 2018

Food For Thought For All Christians and Nigerian Christians In Particular

For a period of let's say about six months now, Nigerian Christians have changed the theme of their cries from 'God save us from Boko Haram' to 'Lord save us from Herdsmen'. I don't know which religion you practice but before I go any further let me make it clear to you that I am a free thinker (Of course I believe there is God, so don't call me an atheist and yes I go to church but I refuse you refer to me as a Christian) and so therefore everything I will be saying thereof will be from a non bias point of view.

Before I continue let me ask this question ' What is the problem with you Christians? ' (Readers, if you have an idea to the question, please do answer)  Why do you Christians always think everything that doesn't go the way you want or plan is a plan from the demonic world to do one thing or the other? I want you to know both the Northern and Middle Belt Regions of the country are Muslim dominated areas while the South and the East are Christian Dominated areas. I am not in support of the barbaric behaviour and activities of many northerners but there is one thing i want to draw your attention to, which is this. The Fulani herdsmen attacks are not specifically launched against Christians ( No I don't think so, why?)  Because their raids and killings have affected Muslim's, Christians, Traditional Worshippers and even free thinkers like me.


It is only unfortunate that Christians are the Majority that are affected by the activities of this herdsmen. I know what is running through your mind right now is ' What is this guy saying?' What I am saying is the herdsmen have been killing everybody they meet irregardless of their religion, tribe or social status. ( Don't bother about me, I am fine and actually sipping tea right now). 



NOW, THE FOOD FOR THOUGHT

I would like to admonish Christians to try and start to see things from not just new perspectives but different perspectives, when something happens don't just say 'Ah my enemies are at work again' fine, it might be spiritual but try and look at that incident from another angle (Sips tea). My pastor said something, he said 'If only Christians would actually be more devoted in truth than in pretence action then Christianity and the church in Nigeria would not be in the situation it is right now. I don't have to start explaining to you the difference between Christ Embassy members and Deeper Life members, or Winners Chapel and Jehovah Witnesses because the difference is clear. I don't know if you have ever seen two members of different churches argue about the difference in their doctrines and which is holier, if you have then you know what I am trying to say but if you haven't, just try and start a good argument about doctrines in a place where different church members are ( Your ear go full that day ) 
Right here where I work, I have never seen two men in jalamia's walk past each other without almost hugging in greeting but wait and watch two Christians pass each other ( You would think one killed the father of the other ). Where is the love? It is not just enough to go to church and be forming ' I am a worker for Christ ' and be gallivanting during service but immediately after service ( They get to their cars and roll up the glasses and pretend they can't hear all the pleases from bystanders going their way or worse, staying in their streets ) A Christian cannot just walk into the office of another Christian if they are not under the same banner ( Church ) haba, that is too bad. Christianity in Nigeria will continue to suffer and remain voiceless if Christians do not remove the barrier of banner system or personal dirty habits such as unnecessary pride. For crying out loud the Vice President of the nation is a Christian ( That is if he still is, sips tea ). And please what as he done to improve the stand and hold of Christianity in the nation since he assumed office? ( Nothing ). 

You should stop all those things you know you do which are bad to the growth of Christianity and this great nation, you call yourself a Christian? I hope you know what Christian means? ( It means of Christ like nature ) that is you behave like Christ, ask yourself, did you read anywhere that Christ did any of the things you are doing? 

If you are a pastor and you are reading this, if there be anything you are telling your congregation to stop doing and you are still doing that same thing ask God for forgiveness and the strength to stop. The reason I decided to write this is because I am tired of hearing Christians complain all the time about this or that, you, yes you, you are one of the problems of this country, Infact a greater problem than herdsmen, and you can only help this nation if you change, stop grumbling and start talking, stop murmuring and start speaking out loud and clear. 
My advice to you is, look beyond the doctrine of your church and accept all Christians regardless of their own church as your brothers and sisters and from there we know what next to do. 

I hope I have been able to touch someone's mind today, have a lovely day and God bless you as you decide to start making a change wherever you may find yourself. 

I am Maikoto Goodness ( Goody ) your regular host, have a lovely day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment